Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Week 6 Response

The Question:

Branding allows a product to stand out from other products, but selecting an appropriate brand name can be challenging.  The name should  be easy to pronounce and descriptive.  What name would you give to a pizza shop?  Explain your name and provide any information about the business that is relevant in the selection of the name.  Critique the various names given by your classmates.

If I was to own a pizza shop I would name it pasties because I would have a sit down bar and pizza joint instead of just the regular old go-go bar I would have very attractive waitresses wearing small shorts and pasties. Sex sells in this world and what would put my shop ahead but being the only one with beer wings excellent pizza and half naked girls. It may sound very blunt but look at hooters they are famous down south granted they did not make it up here but my shop would be something new and innovative i would maybe even have theme nights where the girls would do maybe host games for free pizza coupons etc.



Do NOT do a Google image search for "pasties" if you are at work or, like, if your mom is in the room. Swear, I had no idea what they were so I was sinning in ignorance. Ten seconds later and a quick erasure of my history and I'm a little bit wiser and a lot more convinced that "Pasties" would be the worst mash up ever. Theme nights does sound a little intriguing though...

Anyways, here's what I put:
  

"A brand name should be short and sweet, like a dwarf covered in Splenda. It should also be timeless, like Rivers Cuomo. 


It should be catchy, like the swine flu but not offensive, like striper waitresses (see Ms. Lewitinn's post). "Pasties".... sheesh.

 

I would call my pizza shop "Chester's Pizza" after Chester from "The Sifl & Olly Show". That would give me a mascot that's underground and hip as well as awesome.

Seriously, he is far and away my favorite television personality of all time."




 There's a link on Blackboard where you can check your grades. Turns out I am getting full credit for these responses. With a pass/fail assignment that values quantity infinitely more than quality such as this I'm almost tempted to be even more asinine and inane. If the teacher has to edit her syllabus because of me then I'll consider this semester a success.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment