Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Codenames





Some of the other codenames I found interesting were India's and China's. India called theirs "Smiling Buddha", which I think is an odd thing to call a WMD. I don't think "Smiling Jesus" was ever even a consideration for our bomb. It certainly sounds innocuous enough though, like a project that would involve you rubbing a brass tummy as opposed to dropping 12 kilotons on some guy's house. China named theirs "596". I imagine that's just China's way of giving the finger to creative expressionism. Typical China. I don't know where China dropped the other 595 bombs before they made one that worked. Probably Tibet.

3 comments:

  1. How can you say your don't like spiders? I'm pretty sure Simone's offspring are ALL over the house. I found another GIANT spider last night. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had "alligators" written in there originally, but I thought it would distract too much from the flow of the joke. You're right though, it would be odd for someone who once kept a poisonous spider as a pet to have a fear of spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't think "Trinity" is surprisingly close to "Smiling Jesus"?

    ReplyDelete