Sunday, February 6, 2011

Foul Shots




In honor of Superbowl Sunday, here's a sports themed comic. As far as personal progress goes, adopting the proverb "if at first you don't succeed, lower your goals" isn't going to lead to a lot of improving. Nor in the above instance will it help your FGP.

I went snowboarding for the first time in two years this weekend and no, it wasn't the fake/poor kind of snowboarding from a few comics back. Luckily, snowboarding skills are more akin to bicycling skill than, say, Call of Duty skills. It took one run down the bunny hill and I was back in my element, despite the two year hiatus. Take two years off playing MW2 and then sign into Deathmatch and see how well you do. Hope being in last place every single time doesn't bother you.

When I was 16 I built this ramp behind my grandparents house that was about four feet tall on the edge of a ditch that was another four feet down. I didn't fully understand the importance of having a slope to come down on when you landed. I also didn't believe you needed very much snow because just a dusting allowed enough slide to get down a hill. So I landed on a flat, frozen surface going a pretty good clip and broke my right arm. Since then, I tend to ride conservatively. That wasn't the case this past time, and it felt awesome. And I didn't break my arm, so that was cool too.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that it was on Christmas. I think that adds a crucial element to the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well remembered, Douglas. It happened around 2pm on Christmas afternoon.

    ReplyDelete