Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mix and Mingle




There's a YSA conference this weekend down in Boston. I'm going, but the above comic is pretty accurate about my feelings towards the event. Not only do I not expect to find any greener grass, but even if I did it would only depress me since a long distance relationship between Boston and Albany isn't feasible. If there's one thing I've learned in all my years of dating, it's that long distance relationships are terminal and a pointless emotional investment. If there are two things I've learned from dating, the second thing would be not to bother washing your car before picking up your date, since they never notice anyway.

The real reason I'm going is because I'm committed to doing everything possible to keep from becoming a SA instead of a YSA. A few years ago Doug and I went to an activity in Palmyra we thought was YSA but when we showed up we discovered it was SA. It was equal parts awkward and depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment