Thursday, April 7, 2011

Instincts




Have you ever looked at your mouth palate, either before or after you introduce it a pizza hotter than the surface of Venus? It's funny looking. I wonder if all those ridges and bumps serve any purpose. I wonder if I would talk funny if I got all those ridges ironed out. I wonder why they call that thing an artist keeps his paints on a "palate" and which one came first- the mouth or the paints? I could probably do a little research and find out, but that would take all the magic out of life (and require effort) so I'm content to wonder.

Also, when discussing any painter I'm going to default to the male pronoun because as far as I'm concerned Bob Ross is the only painter there ever was.

1 comment:

  1. I researched for you. You are actually confusing two words: palate vs palette. Palate is a person's sense of taste (or in actuality the roof of their mouth). And palette is the artist and paint stuff. But in the process of my 2 minute Wikipedia research, I learned that it is a very common mistake to switch the two. So don't be too hard on yourself Tyson.

    -Christina

    ReplyDelete