Thursday, August 5, 2010


          I found Simone in my backyard a couple days ago and have since found a home for her in a fishbowl on my desk. I kind of like it- my own little memento mori or whatever- and it's fun to watch her scuttle about, building her web or trying to find a way out. I have no doubt every second she's planning exactly where she's going to bite me if she gets out, but luckily none of her eight legs can find purchase on the concave glass surface.

        The conversation represented was on Beau and I had, pretty much word for word. Simone does make a pretty cool pet and I think there might be a certain niche that would want a poisonous spider to watch. I'm not sure exactly how USPS feels about sending said spiders through their postal system, so there's some research to do before blackwidowpets.com launches. Once it does though, cash money.

4 comments:

  1. You are sick. Get that thing out of our house. Now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I... I'm not even sure what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really not as creepy as I know it sounds. And watching her hunt this cricket I put in there the other night- it's like Shark Week Live, on my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you mean it's not as creepy as it sounds? You've now become that guy with the spider on his desk.

    (Although, I can completely get behind shark week)

    ReplyDelete