Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I have a roommate who’s into UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship). This same roommate essentially lives on the couch in our living room, so there’s a fair chance that almost every day there will be two dudes hitting each other on the TV. I can’t say I care too much for the “sport” (plus I find the sweaty spooning to hitting ratio way off) but I take issue with the name itself.

Things needed to be considered the ULTIMATE FIGHTING Championship:

- a cage
- thousands of spectators
- blood
- swords (they don’t have to be used necessarily, but they have to be accessible)
- Goro
- a dead loser
- cheerleaders

UFC’s got a few of the items, but is missing some critical ones. Until it gets with the program and lives up to its namesake, it will still be Ultimate Okay to Hug Your Opponent Boxing Championship to me.

1 comment:

  1. exactly why would some one just prance of into a cage to risk their lives with some sweaty screaming dude and why would some one watch though the cheer leaders would bring up ratings

    ReplyDelete